Old June 30th 03, 04:26 PM
David L

Default Who makes a strong seat post?

"Chris Phillipo" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Hi All,

While trying to do a drop yesterday, to impress some girls (succeeding

in
neither), I landed my 87 kilos on my poor KORE seatpost in a very

inelegant
and brutal fashion, so now I have a nice angled seatpost... (about 5 to

10
degrees I'd reckon, still rideable...)

A breaking seatpost is probably one of the last things I want happening

in
the field (have no offspring yet, so better protect 'em jewels...), so

I'm
looking for a new one.

My question is this; what seat posts are strong? I don't so much mind

the
weight, as a few grams won't make a difference once I have myself and 5

kgs
of stuff on it (The wonderful thing about being the one who bought a
CamelBak, you get to haul everybodys stuff... .

My frame takes 27.2 mm seatposts. I know that's not going to change, but

are
larger diameter posts more sturdy?

Thanks in advance?

Bo

PS: And to add insult to injury, I made a face plant today. On asphalt.

On
the way home from the store. So now I have a bfat lib. Morale: stick to

the
trails.

If you get a Titec knock rated seatpost at least they will replace it
for you if you do that again.

but you can't replace testicles (working), yet at least not yet...

Dave

--
http://www.ramsays-online.com