Old August 10th 04, 08:14 AM
John Tserkezis

Default How often do you get a flat tire ?

Gazza wrote:

How often do you get a flat tire ( Roadie ) ?
I seem to get one every few months ? and I get pis$#& off about it.

Is that all? I used to get them every week before I went kevlar. Though
I've found it depends mainly on the road. Some roads have more glass fragments
than others, so where you ride is a huge factor.

Should I get Kevlar tyres ? do they really stop you getting flat tyres ?

Depending on how bad the situation is, they'll do anywhere from stop flats
outright, to greatly reduce the problem.

Another choice is using tyres with more rubber. They weigh lots more, but if
that's not important, go for it.

Other options are kevlar inserts (strips that fit between the inner tube and
tyre), thicker tubes, and I've been told that latex tubes are a little better
as they tend to stretch a little more before giving way and piercing.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622 http://counter.li.org