Old June 24th 19, 10:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Steel is Real and Carbon is Lighter

On 6/23/2019 7:47 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jun 2019 09:29:05 +0700, John B.
wrote:

The steel bends or elongates prior to complete
failure while the carbon just breaks.

Veering sharply off-topic, that reminds me of the plastic clothespin
that snapped and cut my hand. A wooden clothespin will also be
destroyed by exposure to sunlight, but when it fails, it just sighs
and gives up.

I haven't seen plastic clothespins in the stores recently.

Ditto. Wooden clothespins are all that are available here. Ever since I
built my nuclear fusion powered clothes dryer (a clothesline) we've only
ever had wooden clothespins.

I seem to remember plastic clothespins but it's been decades since I've
seen them, but they can still be purchased online
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32962556941.html.