Old January 22nd 12, 01:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
(PeteCresswell)

Default Getting down to 1 bike - what would you pick

Per Frank Krygowski:
Cyclocross frames may feature high bottom brackets. If your frame has a
horizontal top tube, that may reduce standover height. You can decide
if that's a problem, depending on your use. For my road cycling, I
prefer touring geometry.

That's a significant tradeoff on my Salsa Fargo.

On one hand, I like the lower bottom bracket for stopping at
lights.

On the other hand, I have to remember not to take full pedal
strokes when crossing roots, curbs, and such.
--
Pete Cresswell