Old November 28th 03, 01:33 AM
Carl Fogel

Default "Liquid Drive" bike prototype at auction

(Adam Rush) wrote in message om...
The best argument against my sissified view of our
narrow RPM is probably the fixed-gear crowd, who
use a single speed to run around. I suspect that they
start off noticeably slower and top out much sooner,
much like a four-speed car stuck in second gear all
day.

Hey buddy, how can I get this car out of second gear?

Dear Adam,

Sorry, but you fixed-gear folk haven't even got
clutches, so your options are limited.

Perhaps attach a higher-revving engine with a
wider power-band? Or a younger man with jumper
cables?

Here's a stray question to emphasize the depth of my
ignorance: are there fixed-gear tandems? If so, do
they use a different gear--higher or lower--than
either rider would normally use?

Shall I call a tow-truck for you?

Obligingly,

Carl Fogel