Old June 7th 04, 03:32 PM
Peter Clinch

Default Cycling in the rain. Was: First Recumbent Century (long)

PK wrote:

And you say serious rain can be fun!

Some major mud-based silliness on the MTB for maybe an hour or so, yes,
especially if you're in a position to say "Enough! Off to the Tea Shop"
and (a) be there and (b) not be refused admission in a matter of minutes.

If, OTOH, you have no choice but to keep hacking away along very long
roads or tracks as you get wetter and colder then...

Bah! Humbug!

is, I'd say, about the size of it. Hence my bailing out of my proposed
Century after about 40 miles :-( Still, the first 30 or so were most
agreeable.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK