Old June 9th 04, 04:27 PM
Dan Daniel

Default Road or Sidewalk?

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 11:09:59 -0400, K-Man wrote:

My question is, should I be riding on the road when sidewalks are
available? I prefer riding on the road, and the sidewalks, while not
crammed with pedestrians, are never free of them either. What are ya'lls
thoughts? TIA!

Ken

Here are a few links, and I'm sure others will post much better ones.
Educate yourself as to your rights and responsibilities. Don't let one
misinformed kid stop you from using the roads.

http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/traffic/index.htm

http://www.sfbike.org/download/resou...orists-STR.pdf

California laws regarding bicycles and roadways- most states should
have similar laws, but check...

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...le=21200-21212