Old October 29th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Alps (2005)

On Oct 20, 4:43*pm, wrote:
There seems to be a resurgence of magnificent touring so I thought
this ride report might inspire others to see these place.

*http://www.trentobike.org/Countries/.../Tour_of_the_A....

Jobst Brandt

I'm organizing a group of 10 friends for a ride through some of the
roads of the French Alps. We're going to stay in Moutiers for 4
nights before heading towards Alpe d'Huez, and then back over the Col
de la Croix de Fer and south over Col du Galibier. It looks like some
good riding on the maps, though I've never been there before. But
we're going to end our ride in Nice (We're all flying in and out of
Nice), and I'm trying to find someone who can recommend a route south
from Briancon to Nice. Can you help me there??

Thanks, BC Rimbeaux