Old May 6th 18, 05:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default Desperate needs = desperate but workable solution

On 2018-05-04 15:07, sms wrote:
On 5/4/2018 10:52 AM, Doug Landau wrote:

With a $45 tire I do not expect to have to rant snipped

I spent another few minutes and $1 of gorilla snot on this tire :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdsokmbfixi7jf2/tire.jpg?dl=0

I'll get my 3K miles out of this gatorskin, no problem

OMG, what a terribly ridiculous thing to do to save a few bucks.

It reminds me of the guys who used some sort of glorified soldering iron
to cut "new tread" into their car tires when they were bald. To save the
expense of having to buy new ones.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/