Old March 31st 05, 03:22 PM
jj

On 30 Mar 2005 22:59:14 -0800, "Plin" wrote:

I've been doing a little research and the Giant OCR 1 seems to fit the
bill...Ultegra front and rear for under $1,000. It's on the heavy side,
but it sounds like it's built like a tank and should last a few years.
I'll try and find a LBS with one to test ride.

I've never ridden a Giant bike that I like, though they seem to have better
componentry than the 'corresponding' Trek. They are heavier, not sure why,
because they are smaller/shorter. Be sure you test ride a few different
bikes to make a good comparison.

jj

One of the reviews (UK) showed it in a cool white/silver paint scheme,
whereas Giant's US website says it's only available in blue in the US.
Is it possible for US buyers to get non-US models without paying much
more?