Old December 19th 12, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default RLJ cyclist mown down by SUV

On 19/12/2012 09:50, PhilO wrote:
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:57:29 AM UTC, Mrcheerful wrote:
PhilO wrote:

Then why do they proclaim such a thing?

Some cyclists justify RLJ by saying they believe it to be safer for them, however that is only a minority.

It certainly isn't a minority. If I ever saw a cyclist stop at a red
light, I'd let the media know immediately. It would be front page news
& make News at Ten.

Because a few cyclists claim something, does not make it true for all cyclists.
Is that too hard to understand?

Psycholists are indoctrinated at an early age and all have the same
thought patterns.

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."