Old April 25th 11, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Default Rails/Trails Commission vote a bust for rail fans in California

I hope I'm not talking to myself, but I thought the following letter
to the editor of the local newspaper was interesting (especially the
comments to it):

http://www.mtdemocrat.com/opinion/su...eaking-hearts/

IMHO, the rail fans are not good neighbors because they've tried to
foul the MTB trail alongside the tracks between Diamond Springs and
Shingle Springs, and because they've apparently refused to accept the
Board of Supervisors' decision. This seems to be the reason why
Supervisor Sweeney resigned from the joint powers agency. All of the
rail fans' arguments received a full and fair hearing before the
Supervisors' Trail Committee, and now they're just re-hashing them in
a letter writing campaign to the editor of the local paper.