Old May 4th 17, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default torque wrench issues

On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 3:37:44 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 8:54:59 PM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/3/2017 2:18 PM, Ian Field wrote:

wrote in message
On Tue, 2 May 2017 19:12:39 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"John B Slocomb" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 May 2017 19:49:36 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

a great deal deleted

know of cadmium plating being very dangerous.
You will only weld or braze galvanized steel in a poorly ventilated
space ONCE unless you are REALLY stupid.

I have never become aware of the dire consequences of welding zinc
plated
that are being spouted here.

"galvanised" can be plated with *ANY* metal that has a higher galvanic
affinity than the host metal. Including cadmium and various other
toxic
heavy metals.

I can only assume that you are not from a country where English is the
common language as the definition of "galvanized" in the U.S. (and
likely in other English speaking countries) is, and I quote, "Covered
with Zinc".

I'm in an English speaking country that's heard of etymology.
You mayb be an etymologist and a Brit, but you have little or no
technical knowlege from what you keep saying.

You kooks are hilarious, but you do get tedious quite quickly.

Feel free to go away.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Yo, Franki-boy, feel free not to read any posts whose senders make you uncomfortable by not agreeing that you know everything. However, don't feel free to decide who can come to RBT. You've already been burned once for that crime (what happened to your dream of being "a spokesman for bicycles"?), and I'll burn you for it again any time I see you attack anybody's freedom of speech. We have enough scum in erstwhile good universities trying to shut up and exclude people for whom they don't have answers, so we don't need tenth-rate superannuated ******s like you attempting the same slimy suppression of free speech on RBT.

Andre Jute
I may not agree with Ian Field, but I'll stomp you for denying his right to be wrong as persistently as he cares to be.

I don't mind his being wrong so much as purposely being so for no other reason than to be provocative. This isn't free speech - it's starting a fight. And I for one would give it to him in a second were he not protected by distance.