Old August 3rd 03, 11:14 AM
Mysterex

Default Campagnolo Scirocco wheels

Hi all,

I need some new wheels for training and Campagnolo Scirocco seems like good
value for money (on paper anyway). Does anybody have any experience with
these wheels, good or bad? My setup is Veloce 9sp.

I had a pair of Campag wheels years ago and remember that tyres were very
difficult to get on and off. Also the hubs were not well sealed and let
water in very easily. Has Campag sorted that out yet?

An alternative is Mavic Cosmos which gets very good reviews but then I'd
have to buy a new (Shimano) cassette which makes the price a little less
attractive - still good value though.

I've considered having wheels built eg. Campag hubs with Open Pro rims, etc
but I don't know of a good wheel builder in my area (I live in London) so
I'd prefer to go with factory-built wheels.

Thanks in advance,

Craig.