Old February 9th 10, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_3_]

Default 6'7 guy needs help looking for a road bike for a 585 Mile 6DayCharity Bike Ride

Op 9-2-2010 2:26, Paul schreef:
Hey Everybody, I'm definitely a non experienced cyclist and have
signed up to do the AIDS LifeCycle bike ride from San Francisco to Los
Angeles to raise money for HIV/AIDS. I dont really know what I got
myself into. I am 6'7 220 lbs with a 36 inch inseam. I thought I would
be able to borrow a friends bike for the ride but unfortunately the
largest I found is a 20 inch frame. I'm looking to spend as little as
possible (under 500 if possible). I do not plan to continue cycling as
a sport. I just want to find a comfortable bike that fits me for this
6 Day trek. Any recommendations on where I could buy a 24inch/61CM
bike for my price range or better yet find someone who would be
willing to help me help others by lending me a bike?

Again, I am fairly new to this and any info would be greatfully
appreciated!!!

-Paul S.

A hopeless exercise if you ask me and I'm not talking about the bike. If
cycling is no fun for you everyone is better of if you just donate the
money you were planning to spent to the good cause.

Lou