Old May 4th 18, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Thoughtful non-cyclist of the day

On 04/05/18 23:12, JNugent wrote:
On 04/05/2018 22:01, TMS320 wrote:
Today this cyclist was in my car because it was suitable for the
journey in hand - another errand today was suitable for the bike. I
was in a stop start queue when a non-cylist in a panzer suddenly
barged out of a driveway causing a woman with a pushchair to take a
step back and then blocked the pavement. Luckily it wasn't an elderly
pedestrian that could have fallen backwards - like my mother-in-law a
few years ago. (Oh, hang on, it is supposed to be impossible for
licenced, registered, taxed and insured non-cyclists to do this. But
if it turns out to be not impossible, being licenced, registered,
taxed and insured somehow makes it alright.)

Anyway, rather than opening a gap to let the non-cyclist out, as usual
courtesy in a queue, this cyclist moved forward with the queue to
block her way. I felt no need to use my horn to scream at the
non-cyclist, because the ears of the woman and child were not
protected by layers of German steel andinsulation. Said non-cyclist
then reversed back to let the woman past.

It's always good to upset a non-cyclist without consuming any of my
own time over it.

Vehicles entering and exiting driveways have priority* over traffic
crossing the entrances to those driveways.

Rubbish.

You knew that but chose to ignore it when making up your story.

It is a true story.