Old December 4th 17, 09:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Chain Reaction closes Los Altos store.

On 2017-12-03 14:34, jbeattie wrote:

What is causing this bike market downturn?

It MUST be fake news! You, Joerg, have assured us that by building bike
trails we'd get millions of Americans to give up their cars forever. And
every year, more segregated kiddy paths have been built. Some cities
have doubled their bike mode share, all the way from 0.2% to 0.4%!
That's like a 100% increase!

Sure it is, and for America that is quite big. Weren't you the guy
always touting the health benefits? Calculate the health Dollars saved here.

So I'm not going to believe any biased communist industry data. I _know_
bike sales have skyrocketed! Those bike dealers are not reporting sales
so they can cheat on their taxes.

We were talking about the Silicon Valley. I can imagine that cycling
down there isn't exactly fun. Up here in the Sierra foothills bike sales
are brisk. Else successes such as these would not happen:

http://teamcycleandtscafe.com/contact-about-us/1768830

http://www.bisonbikes.com/

Bison is where I bought my MTB and then other stuff. Imagine, two
successful bike shops in a village of less than 20000. And it continues
around us as well. This shop in Placerville opened recently, was in
there yesterday:

http://placerville-downtown.org/busi...gtown-cyclery/

What blew my mind is what some people are spending on bicycles and
parts. Kevin showed us a mod he was working on for a customer. New
12-speed cluster with 50T cog and the cassette alone cost well north of
$300. Twelve! Crazy.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/