Old March 8th 18, 06:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
dave[_3_]

Default Cable Liner under Bottom Bracket

On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 12:16:00 +0700, John B. wrote:

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018 17:17:16 -0800 (PST), jbeattie
wrote:

The recovered Roubaix meth-mobile has internal cables and hoses (that
were miserable to fish around in the frame), but it has an open window
under the bottom of the bottom bracket where the cables are exposed but
run through inner-liner. the ends of the inner liner are inside the
frame or run up the front derailleur cable.

The cables on my commuter run externally and stick a lot on the BB cable
guide, and I was wondering if anyone has tried putting those through a
run of inner liner. I suspect they might fill up with water, but they
might also keep the cables from sticking.

One of my bikes has a plastic BB guide and just cleaning it occasionally
seems to work. No evidence of sticking at all.

But of course, I'm riding all year in what you'd call "summer weather"
:-)

What? You have 40C - 50C year round? That's unfortunate.

--
davethedave