Old March 12th 18, 02:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default rim notation

On 3/11/2018 11:55 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:

Emanuel, with all due respect, have you
considered buying a book?

These are the ones I have acquired or borrowed
from the public library. The road bike books
obviously don't cover the Torpedo rear hub, and
the Swedish books are mechanically at a lower
level than that, the Dutch one maybe covers it
but I don't read the language - it has some
good illos tho so I wouldn't rule it out.
"Effective cycling" I gave up on as it was so
boring to read with very few illustrations and
a tiresome focus on policy/traffic issues which
I can't influence anyway.

@book{complete-road-bike-maintenance,
author = {Guy Andrews},
ISBN = {978 1 4081 7093 9},
publisher = {Bloomsbury},
title = {Complete Road Bike Maintenance},
year = 2013
}

@book{en-cyklo-pedi,
author = {Johan Tell},
ISBN = {978-91-1-307337-8},
publisher = {Nordstedt},
title = {En cyklo pedi},
year = 2016
}

@book{effective-cycling,
author = {John Forester},
ISBN = {978-0-262-51694-5},
publisher = {Cambridge},
title = {Effective Cycling},
year = 2012
}

@book{bike,
author = {Daniel Benson and Richard Moore},
ISBN = 9781781312346,
publisher = {Aurum},
title = {Bike! A Tribute to the World's Greatest Cycling Designers},
year = 2014
}

@book{cykelbok,
author = {Staffan Skott},
ISBN = {91-550-3942-1},
publisher = {Tiden},
title = {Cykelbok},
year = 1994
}

@book{praktisch-fietsboek,
author = {Rob van der Plas},
ISBN = {90 274 9848 2},
publisher = {Spectrum},
title = {Praktisch Fietsboek},
year = 1984
}

You might consider a review of basic principles and prior
art besides consumer 'how to' books:

https://www.alibris.com/booksearch?k...&hs.x=0&hs.y=0

--
Andrew Muzi