Old February 23rd 11, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joel[_4_]

Default Anyone carry a folding tire?

On 2/22/2011 6:26 PM, Phil W Lee wrote:

You should have heard the bang when it blew the casing off the bead!
I was riding mid-group, so was lucky to keep control and not get
collected by any of my fellow riders as I stopped.
Front tyre as well, so it got a bit "interesting" for a moment or two.
It was my first group ride out on the bike after I got it, so the
tyres were of unknown history. Needless to say, I replaced the pair
before going out on it again - I'm betting it stood on flat tyres for
some time, probably not in a good environment, and that this was the
reason for the failure.

I had a blow out once - looooong time ago on my first bike - a Schwinn
single speed bike. Road it down to a service station to fill up the
tires. Blissfully unaware of what the "PSI" wording was on the side of
the tire I filled it up until I thought it was good.

On the way home it blew and it I thought it was a bomb going off.
Learned about PSI real fast :-)

I'm surprised you didn't crash with two tires blowing out. I hang mine
front rafter hooks if they're going to sit for a while now.