Old October 11th 18, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default SIX thousand and FIVE hundred lumens !!!!!!!!!!

On 10/9/2018 7:14 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, October 8, 2018 at 10:05:16 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 10/8/2018 4:55 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip
Do you have a side light? I'd worry about that. Pull though an intersection and "whack." Where was your side light! You really should have a bright side light.

A lot of front and rear lights do have side lights but they're not very
bright.

What many cyclists are using are these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ANW2YB2 but they are sold out in most places.

We're saved! I'm going to have to get a few -- and a new outlet strip for all my chargers. I've got the Garmin smart rear light with radar and camera, two front lights, side lights, front camera, MP3 player with speakers and for hot days, a fan.

Good news, you can order the side lights direct. See
https://brightside.bike/product/brightside-bike-light-sale/. Maybe do
a group-buy for your cycle club.

But there are also plenty of wheel lights available.