Old August 23rd 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
R Brickston

Default Ideas for mounting mp3 speakers?

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:17:34 -0400, "NY Rides"
wrote:

One would think that the distraction of the noise would make the needed
attention span worse for the beginning rider.

They're not beginners, just people who are hesitant to ride with me because
they know I'm much more experienced than they are. Trust me...it works
(Continued below)

Do you have any idea how annoying this situation would be to riders

that you share your space with? In most riding environments, imo, you
would be shot at dawn, no blindfold and no cigarette.

Again...trust me. I know the kind of annoying rider you're talking about.
My system, even once I improve it, will not broadcast beyond about ten feet.
And where I ride, there usually aren't that many other cyclists around
anyway. The way I figure it, if a bike passes me at 10-15 miles an hour,
the most "noise" they will be subjected to is about two seconds. Also, when
I ride into a group of other riders, I have the sense to turn the volume
down or off. I'm not looking to make a spectacle or to **** anybody off.
I'm just trying to keep the fun in riding the same old routes and trails
every day.

So....without turning this thread into a debate about whether I'm a selfish
jerk or not, can anybody comment on my original question?

Doubtful.