Old April 16th 07, 10:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roos Eisma

Default Wheelies :-)

Coyoteboy writes:

Tom proclaimed to uk.rec.cycling ...

Lowish gear - push hard with your weaker leg as you pull back on the
bars
the front will come up, if it feels like it's going over backwards keep
pedaling but just "dab" your back brake. Keep pedaling and "dabbing",
don't worry about steering, that just happens naturally.

I find it easier to drag the rear brake very lightly to start with, so that
when you're up you dont have to dab, im more uncontrolled with my dabbing
and it makes it very jerky- not good for my balance. Just another take on
it, everyone finds their own way.

The fact that we all had bikes with coaster brakes probably explains why
wheelies didn't feature much in my childhood. I think I will have to try
this now!

Roos