Old April 12th 21, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Safety inflation

On 4/11/2021 8:13 PM, AMuzi wrote:

'Take the lane'Â* is generally good advice and I, like you, generally do.
Not always but generally, yes.

Still and all, bad things happen to good people with some regularity:

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/fam...d-moped-rider/

There's no general rule for the actual world as we find it.

"Bad things happen to good people" =/= "Your behavior makes no
difference."

The world is not all random chance. You can improve your odds. And I
believe that on a bike, most people can better improve their odds by
changing their behavior rather than adding on another commercial gimmick.

--
- Frank Krygowski