Old April 2nd 04, 01:24 AM
Allen Wittman

Default Long Time Listener, First Time Caller

Hello all! I've lurked these forums for a few months, and I think that
now is a good time to jump into the fray.

Without going through my whole life story, I found unicycling on
Christmas while at my relatives' house. They had a cheap, little
unicycle with a way-too-low seat. To top things off, I was feeling a
bit nauseous from some bug I had picked up during my time home. I tried
and I failed. Dizzy and disoriented, I gave up after 15 minutes or so.
However, for some odd reason, I thought, "hey, this would be great," so
I started looking up unicycle information online. Since this community
is so (unfortunately) tiny, finding good resources isn't hard to do.
And, thusly, I ended up here.

Over the next few days I read everything I could about this sport. I
picked up so much insight before ever getting on another unicycle.
After a -lot- of researching, I ended up ordering a 20" Torker LX and,
upon receiving the delivery, got to work on January 6. I was up and
riding free about a week later and now, after a little less than three
months, I'm an unofficial Level 2 rider.

I'd just like to take time now in this horribly long post to thank all
of you guys for being here as part of the best group of people around.
The unicycling community possesses a level of camaraderie and goodwill
that one cannot find just anywhere. Even the most skilled riders are
down to earth and humble, willing to lend helpful advice to the newest
of newbies. Thanks.

Anyway, now that I've made my "ceremonial" first post, I reckon I'll be
posting here more often than never, initially with some questions
concerning my first big purchase and whatever other areas I can offer a
bit of assistance or interesting conversation. This post is way too
long, so I think it's time to stop typing.

Thanks a lot,

Allen

--
Allen Wittman - Funny Like A Funeral