Old May 29th 04, 05:58 PM
R15757

Default A not so great biking day.....(kinda long)

Roger Zoul wrote in part:

... Bamn! Fell to the right. Turns out, my right foot had locked
back in and I didn't even know it! ...

Those inadvertent clip-ins are the worst. We've all been there.

That cleat-related floundering will be a thing of the past before too long.
More worrisome is the fact that your spokes keep breaking. That should not be a
regular occurrence. Probably you have a poorly-built wheel or a wheel that is
simply not built to handle the girth. What kind of wheel are you riding?

If you pop a spoke on a ride, it should be possible to straighten the wheel
enough so it clears the stays by adjusting adjacent spokes with a spoke wrench.
Maybe the hot chick at the LBS could show you how...

Robert