Old May 24th 08, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark T[_2_]

Default Flashing front light in daytime.

Bod43 writtificated

for a GIVEN POWER
CONSUMPTION flashing lights were easier to see.

Of course the average bicycle flasher is designed not to
increase its visibility when flashing but to save power.
I certainly seem to find the average bicycle flasher
harder to spot than a non flasher and when cycling
I have [n]ever used flash mode on any light that I have had.

Assuming the flashes are at the same brightness as the steady, wouldn't
having the light at the flashing provide both longer battery life AND
better visibility?