Old May 26th 08, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Flashing front light in daytime.

On 24 May, 10:58, Mark T
pleasegivegenerously@warmail*turn_up_the_heat_to_ reply*.com.invalid
wrote:
Bod43 writtificated

for a GIVEN POWER
CONSUMPTION flashing lights were easier to see.
Of course the average bicycle flasher is designed not to
increase its visibility when flashing but to save power.
I certainly seem to *find the average bicycle flasher
harder to spot than a non flasher and when cycling
I have [n]ever used flash mode on any light that I have had.

Assuming the flashes are at the same brightness as the steady, wouldn't
having the light at the flashing provide both longer battery life AND
better visibility?

I have no idea.

I am pretty certain about the aviation research. Well,
certain that I read it somewhere and not in the Sun.

My own experience leads me to believe that your
suggestion is mistaken but I know that I can't
really tell without doing measurements and I have not.