Old April 7th 17, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Hamstring dominant pedaling style?

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 18:39:40 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

A friend in a distant city recently phoned me about her knee problem.
She described a lump behind her knee, and said that massaging it, etc.
generates a sort of "twanging" feel, as if a tendon is being plucked.
An electrical sensation then travels down into her foot. (I think I'm
remembering that correctly.)

She saw a physical therapist today, who suggested that she may be
bicycling in a "hamstring dominant" mode. Supposedly she's going to be
set up with a bike fit expert. But I've seen her ride and don't recall
noticing anything unusual about bike fit or pedaling.

However, I don't consider myself a bike fit expert. So: Has anyone here
heard of similar ailments, or of "hamstring dominant" cycling?

It seems to be fairly well known in running circles and it seems that
the solution is specific exercises to strengthen the hamstrings.
See:
https://forums.runnersworld.co.uk/discussion/117829
https://www.physicaltherapist.com/ar...juries-part-i/
https://www.freelapusa.com/hamstring...you-beat-them/