Old April 7th 18, 09:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Rohloff Speedbone with Chainstay Mounts

On 04/07/2018 03:36 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 9:06:25 AM UTC+1, Tosspot wrote:
So, the Surly Disc Trucker has chainstay IS mounts[1]. I have;

A rohloff hub with TS axle An OEM2 mounting to go with; A
speedbone An external gear mechanism

I'm thinking this is beyond even my Bodgit & Scarper(TM) skills.
Is the only option a long torque arm on a standard plate? Which
looks like it might get in the way of the external shifter.

[1]
https://bicyclehabitat.com/images/li...y-242015-1.jpg

Rohloff's Speedhub Finder is a critical path towards determining
which frame-ends ("dropouts" to the hoi-polloi) work with which Speed
14 gearbox and which peripheral parts you need to make the
transmission chain work satisfactorily. You need Flash to operate the
Speedhub Finder; if you have Flash but my link drops you in the
warning, go back up to the Rohloff (English) welcome page, scroll
down and click on the grey circle for the Speedhub Finder.

Tip that, looking at your frame end, may give you the cleanest
possible installation: Determine the diameter of the bottom bracket
shell of your frame, find a eccentric bottom bracket to fit it (last
time I looked, about 10, 12 years ago, there was a choice of three at
various prices) and start up the Speedhub finder by selecting the EBB
option.

I have two Rohloffs. The issue was fitting an existing disc hub, with,
consequently an external mech, to a frame with chainstay IS mounts. The
frame, is clearly not equipped with Rohloff dropouts.

I don't particularly want a mungo torque arm if I can get away with it.
Wtf Rohloff don't supply there TS axles flattened like intelligent
people, then a simple anti rotation washer would do the trick in a nice
cosmetic manner. Yes, I know why, but they still could!