Old February 5th 06, 02:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

Default Carlton Reid on QR safety

On 4 Feb 2006 16:09:00 -0800, wrote:

I won't defend airbags. But I'll point out that when people are
injured by airbags, train or plane crashes, the law does not say "Oh,
get over it. You knew that **** happens."

Actually, the law gets closer to exactly that every day. Read the
provisions recently enacted exempting the drug companies from class
action suits, and then explore the similar changes which are being
sought for other PLI issues.

Not that this is a fundamentally flawed attitude, in fact; there are
plenty of PLI lawsuits in which the plaintiff is really saying "I'm
too stupid to know what's dangerous, and I want you to pay for my
stupidity even though no one in their right mind would have done what
I did."

The balance has been swung too far in both directions in the past, and
the urge is always to swing the pendulum hardest from the side that is
currently most heavily burdened by it.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.