Old December 19th 07, 12:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Murphy

Default TfL Survey about rental bikes for public use

I was interviewed at Victoria Railway Station today for market research
about plans to provide bicycles for hire around the capital. Supposedly for
TfL (although the interviewer was wearing a Network Rail pass - the
organisation who manage this station), the questions were quite wide ranging
and even included one to gauge the popularity of providing power assisted
bikes to supplement (or was it instead of....) more ordinary rental bikes.
The picture shown looked a bit like the bikes being used in the Parisian
scheme.

My selfish concern was that when I do travel into London by train, I usually
rely on the Metrolink or busses because they're included in the cost of my
travelcard (which isn't much more expensive than a London return ticket). I
cant help thinking that perhaps such a scheme might be better suited to a
built up area where there aren't already so many public transport options
available.....

Paul