Old December 20th 07, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jeremy Parker

Default TfL Survey about rental bikes for public use

"Paul Murphy" wrote in message
I was interviewed at Victoria Railway Station today for market
research about plans to provide bicycles for hire around the
capital.

[snip]

Well, supposedly it works in Paris, much to my surprise.

Of course, there already is a scheme in London, OyBike, although even
Ken Livingstone doesn't seem to have heard of it.

One lesson from OyBike vs. Velib, I think, is that you have to
provide "universal coverage" within a fairly large zone, say the
whole West End, from day one, which won't be cheap

Jeremy Parker