Old September 30th 17, 02:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: no column

The deadline for the Beeson Banner is today, so I won't be writing
anything tonight.

While getting dressed for a figure-eight tour (Farmers' Markets in the
morning, Sprawlmart loop after my nap) I heard the scanner report a
ten-fifty, car versus bike on Old 30. Heard same report a couple of
weeks ago and the rider is still in the hospital. (Details very
approximate; check Ink Free News. Where details will be exact, but
sparse and vague.)

And as I was putting my cell phone in my pocket, I heard the officer
on the scene report "very minor property damage to the bike. They
have exchanged information to get the handlebar repaired. I'll be ten
eight from citizen's assist."

What struck me was that the incident had been changed from "ten fifty"
to "citizen's assist" -- this crash will not show up in any data base.

I wish Gary Nieter had been on the scene so that I could find out how
they came to collide and cause very minor damage. But very minor
damage probably wouldn't have created a dramatic photo op.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net