Old July 8th 18, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Safety inflation

On Sat, 7 Jul 2018 15:28:41 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

My son and I were returning home from a ride today and encountered
an older guy on a belt drive bike with all sorts of gizmos and two
cameras on his helmet -- forward and rearward facing. The rear
facing camera was looking right at me, which is oddly intrusive.
I'm hoping to be selected for his just-riding-along highlight reel.
If we had passed with too closely, I'm sure the video would have
been posted to some bicycle-shaming website.
-- Jay Beattie.

Proabably YouTube:
https://www.google.com/search?q=bad+cycling+video&oq=bad+cycling+video
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bad+cycling
Hopefully, his cameras have image stabilization.

I suspect that you have the wrong idea about the real purpose of
wearable bicycle cameras. They are not there to produce yet another
spectacular cycling sports video as the folks at GoPro might suggest.
They are also not suitable for post mortem cycling evidence suitable
for playing at the funeral or in the courtroom. They are actually a
talisman to ward away evil spirits and prevent cycling accidents.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talisman
I can offer anecdotal tesimony as to the effectiveness of such
cameras. Ever since I installed a front/rear dashboard camera in my
Subaru, I have not experienced a single accident or near miss while
driving either forward or backward. Obviously, the presence of a
camera is all that is required to produce this highly desireable
effect. Granted, this is with an automobile, but I presume that it's
much the same with a bicycle. I have disposed of my former good luck
charms (rabbits foot, railroad spike, four leaf clover, mojo bag,
shark tooth, etc)
http://www.thisisinsider.com/good-luck-charms-different-countries-2017-3
and currently rely solely on my dashboard camera talisman for my
personal safety.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D