Old July 20th 05, 08:47 PM

Default maximum weight on a Bianchi Eros frame.

Llatikcuf wrote:
Chalo wrote:

This all presupposes that you are riding in a controlled fashion over
relatively good surfaces. For example, I managed to trash more frames
when I weighed in the mid-200s than later when I weighed in the
mid-300s, through a combination of highly athletic riding, lots of
miles, and inadvisable hijinks.

The couple of frame failures I have experienced while weighing above
350 lbs. have been sudden and dramatic. Both occurred while braking
hard with a special brake of my own design, though, and I don't believe
they would have been caused by the use of any commercially available
brake.

Highly athletic at 350lbs?

Re-read the post. He did highly athletic riding when he weighed in the
mid 200s. As compared to when he weighed in the mid 300s. He broke
more frames when weighing less, mid 200s, than when he weighed more,
mid 300s. Weight is not the only or main reason frames break.