Old December 23rd 10, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default Cheap high-visibility vest for cyclists.

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Mrcheerful wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Mrcheerful wrote:

"Mr. Benn" wrote in message
Hi Viz safety vest at Poundland. Absolute bargain.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hi-v...t-poundland-i/
833140#comments

I bought one. Go on, guess how much it was? ;-)

it will make you careless and have a crash, is it worth it? think
of the children.

Why will it?

Doesn't make me do that when I have them in the car, why should it
if I wear one on a bike?

Having them in the car is not actually using them.

It is when they're necessary. All of ours have been used a couple of
times at least.

try reading some of the posts below, such as 'another that might have
lived...............' apparently the rider was lulled into a false
sense of security 'because he was wearing a hi viz jacket' . The
psycholist attitude seems to be that any safety equipment or sensible
road use will increase your likelihood of having an accident.

Bull****. That's your spin on what you think others are thinking. I
doubt you can find a post from a cyclist that explicity says "that any
safety equipment or sensible road use will increase your likelihood of
having an accident". Or that any rider was "lulled into a false sense
of security 'because he was wearing a hi viz jacket'"

I must be imagining the first post I looked at then from SW:
"This accident shows the danger of wearing so-called 'safety' equipment,
like hi-vis clothing and helmets, which give the rider an illusion of
security without making any difference in reality."

mrcheerful