Old November 28th 15, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cycle-Ops

Default Isn't it funny when Salt & Wriggler gets in wrong?

On 28/11/2015 22:46, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 10:31:48 PM UTC, Cycle-Ops wrote:
On 28/11/2015 15:04, Cycle-Ops wrote:
On 28/11/2015 14:50, JNugent wrote:
On 28/11/2015 14:15, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 12:19:17 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 28/11/2015 10:04, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 9:19:58 AM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
On Saturday, 28 November 2015 09:03:08 UTC, Tom Crispin wrote:

My opinion:
As with nearly everything, cash is the cheapest way to make a van
purchase, and large discounts can be negotiated with the
dearlership. Leasing is simply idiotic, although an easy way to
have a new vehicle. It is just another way money is transferred
from the plankwitted to those with more than an ounce of
intelligence.

Leasing is nearly always a financial blunder.

There is another option.
Get the mug car company to give you a free deposit.
Charge you 0% over 4 years.
Pay a modest final sum and it's all yours.

http://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/finance-offers/giulietta

These offers always exclude the cash discount buyers can negotiate
with the dealership.
http://broadspeed.com/new_cars/Alfa_Romeo/Giulietta/
Better discounts to those on this commercial website are also
available, but showing this to a dealership should give you an
automatic £3000 off the most basic model.

A finance purchase is infinitely preferable to leasing where you pay
your money but have no asset to show for it.

Commercial vehicles, after a life of working hard, are usually worth
very little.

The "asset" - such as it is in those circumstances - can be
illusory. A
well-used commercial vehicle can be difficult to liquidate, but still
needs to be maintained, garaged and kept up to date with MOT,
insurance,
Road Tax, etc.

Trust me.

I have little doubt that what you say is true. I also have little
doubt that van leasing is more expensive in the long run than an
outright purchase.

Unlike Plankwit, I am more inclined to value the opinion of consumer
advice from Which and similar sources than the sales spiel of a van
leasing company.

There are other advantages.

One of them is that every penny paid to rent a vehicle on a lease is tax
deductible. No having to account for depreciation or anything similar.

I was saving that for later. When he'd made a bigger fool of himself.

Mind you, he hasn't realised his biggest error yet. I doubt he will.

No one in their right mind would pay the list price for a Citron Nemo.
£11,365 OTR - more like £8,530 OTR
http://www.perrys.co.uk/citroen-nemo...r-211829-15013

You would, that was the figure YOU started with, halfwit. BTW, that's
not OTR.

£8,295 +VAT+RFL+REG

That's your second biggest **** up.

Still can't work out what your biggest **** up is yet?

--
Dave
Dedicated to finding a cure for cycling.