Old November 20th 04, 08:10 PM
Jym Dyer

Default The "Real" Risk: Bicycles!

=v= Check out this bizarre Op-Ed piece in the _Daily_News_:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/idea...p-217248c.html

=v= I did a web search on the author and found that she's head
of one of those anti-environmental junk science groups. Hence
her dismissal of the dangers of toxins and carbon monoxide, etc.

=v= What's bizarre is that her idea of a "real" risk is being
run down by a bicycle. This in a tabloid newspaper that has
a seemingly unending supply of lurid stories and photos about
cars and SUVs running down pedestrians! I think she comes off
as a real idiot by freaking out over bicycles.

=v= I do of course think it's hazardous and wrong to operate a
bicycle in an unsafe manner, but to call this THE "real" risk
is really kind of loopy.
_Jym_