Old December 30th 15, 12:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jakob Krieger

Default O/T: knots

- Frank Krygowski / Sun, 20 Dec 2015 06:41:53 +0100

The snarky remark was meant about people who have
no orientation at all without GPS (can't even find
their own bathroom)

[sorry for not responding for quite some time]

I'm just back from an almost-an-hour drive to attend a friend's party.

On my way there, the country highway to his house was unexpectedly
closed. I think it may have been due to a bad car crash, since it was
open on my way home, and there was no sign of construction work. Oh,
and there were no detour signs, which would have been normal for
construction work.

So I made my way by dead reckoning over very minor country lanes. I was
interested to note that I was navigating - or at least, confirming my
direction - by looking at the stars. First time in a long time!

So you are not an Englishman. They doubt the existence of
lights in the sky behind the fog.

But you do confirm my thesis that a sailor / navigator
should have more skills than relying on GPS only.

jk

--
no sig