Old November 10th 04, 01:40 PM
Dave Lehnen

what ever wrote:
Who has a ride made with this wonder metal ? I intend it to be my next ride
( 50 cm + - & compact geometry as I prefer a low standover height) I'd love
to hear recommendations of brands models etc form anyone who has currently
or previously owned a Ti bike. TIA

If you want to get a frame and build it up, there are frames made by
Titanium Sports Technology (TST) that are being closed out. These
are currently selling from about $530 - $560. TST makes frames for
other bike companies. The frames have no decals, and most have a
brushed finish, and 1" non-integrated head tube. I think the only
sizes left are 54 and 56.

I've owned one for a couple of years. It's beautifully welded, about
typical weight for a Ti frame, at 3.3 lb. I like the absence of any
paint to chip, and for these frames, the absence of gaudy decals and
stickers. Mine would have been a Mongoose Pro, had they stayed in
the quality road bike market. The frames are US made, not that that
is necessarily better. Don't expect anything magic from Ti, just a
good durable, easy-to-maintain bike, with adequate stiffness and
fairly light weight.

Dave Lehnen