Old May 24th 20, 12:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

Default Bonking + Bicycles

wrote:
On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 1:07:52 AM UTC+2, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Have any of you been on a ride where you've bonked to the point that
every single pedal stroke no matter how low a gear you're in or how calm
the winds are, feels like it's all you can do to get that crankarm past
the 12 0'clock position?

If so, how long did it take you to recover so that you were able to ride
at your normal pace again?

If you ate soon after bonking, how long did it take you to then recover
enough to ride further?

Cheers

Yes I have. Not fun. Depends what you eat, but if you pour in some gels
it will take about 20 minutes. Most of the times I feel it coming and eat
all I got with me at that mioment. Always carry a gel with me for fast recovery.

Lou

Same here. Maybe 20 minutes with a couple gels. Longer with solid food
depending on what it is and whether it makes me sick.

Now I carry gels and eat them occasionally through the ride. Drinking
something with electrolytes helps. Haven’t had problems since doing this.