Old April 27th 04, 12:26 AM
Dane Jackson

Default So we bought the tandem

Jacques Moser wrote:

Is the husband *always* captain ? I understand it conforms to the usage of
the male more often driving the car or assuming (apparent) leadership,...
But I am still surprised to see that in practically all reports I read on
tandeming there is practically none where the husband is stoker and the
wife captain.
Ok, no problem with me, I prefer being captain, but I would expect women
to challenge us more than this.

Well, for my wife and I, I do captain. For many reasons, such as, I'm
much taller/heavier, I'm stronger, I have several orders of magnitude
more time on the bicycle than she does, etc. It would be basically be
unsafe for her to captain our tandem. As for driving the car, my wife
does all the driving unless she's ill or very tired. She tends to get
motionsick unless she is driving, and I confess I don't like to drive.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
"If its sinful, it's more fun."