Old January 20th 11, 07:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Wes Newell

Default Electric bikes.

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:21:47 -0500, dgk wrote:

It will show signs of wear because the components are ****. The chain
and cassette will start to go and it won't pay to bother fixing them
because it will cost more than the whole bike did. I repeat, you get
what you pay for. You paid for crap.

Funny, because the same crap components are on bikes that cost 3 times as
much. As for cost to replace the *freewheel* and chain, well less than
$20. I don't know who you are trying to convince, unless it's yourself.
It's just a bike. There's absolutely no reasonable reason to spend more
than $200 for one. Actually, the $100 bike will probably last as long.