Old February 13th 14, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

"John B." wrote in message ...

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 00:28:17 -0600, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

You are not only wrong, but wrongheaded. I will continue to report stories from the field of what is actually happening on the trails and you can continue to puzzle over numbers (statistics) until kingdom come and we shall see who is the more persuasive.

What's this Dooley? "Report stories"? You mean that you are going to

tell some more lies like the wheels are for roads story.

The stories reported are from newspapers, magazines and other newsgroups with the links supplied. How does it get any better than that? Or is everyone in the world lying except mountain bikers?

Blackblade is relying on statistics which are always flawed. Such numbers never measure with any precision what they say they are measuring. Yes, they are measuring “something”, but exactly what is difficult to say. Polls are equally unreliable. Better to get actual reports from the field on what is happening. At least that way you will know something worth knowing.

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great