Old October 30th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David L. Johnson

Default Presta adapters

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:40:01 +0000, nash wrote:

NE one heard of adapters if you use presta tubes. When I got my new GT MTB
they said I had to use adapters.

No, only if you want to fill up the tires at a gas station. Get a floor
pump; they all work fine with presta valves. I've been riding 30
years, and I still don't have an adapter.

again. What is the deal really. My old MTB took them but he said they
can be damaged easily.

They also hold air better at high pressure, and are easier to use.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Enron's slogan: Respect, Communication, Integrity, and
_`\(,_ | Excellence.