Old April 10th 07, 03:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Default Chain cleaning solvents

John Henderson wrote:

If only I could buy it here in Canberra. I need a large vehicle
to take my son's wheelchair, and don't like imposing more
greenhouse load than I need to.

Don't feel guilty John. It appears that cars do very little poluting anyway.
According to the "Earth Hour" blather, everybody in Australia turning off
their lights for 'just one hour' is a saving in greenhouse gases equivalent
to taking 75,000 cars of the road for a year. According to my calculator
that means that turning off the lights for a week a year would be equivalent
to taking all the cars in Oz off the roads. This suggests that all the cars
make less than a 2% contribution to the greenhouse gases problem.

Or maybe it was just all bull**** propaganda....

We do acknowledge that more than 70% of our greenhouse emissions come from
coal-fired power generation.

Theo