Old December 11th 13, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Default London "Danger! Danger!"

Ben Pfaff wrote:
Duane writes:

On 12/10/2013 11:41 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
Jay Beattie writes:
It is not because it has gotten that much worse in the last 20
years (although I got passed by a bus this morning by literally
an inch at 45mph), but riders are much less "tough."

Some of the bus drivers around here like to honk as they pass a
cyclist, for no reason that I can see. If I ever get the
opportunity, I will ask one why they do it.

Maybe to let you know that they see you.

The other 99% of vehicles manage to pass safely without honking.
It's hard for a gigantic vehicle honking as it passes me to come
across as anything other than "get out of my way".

Yeah I know. Just saying that around here they seem to be sensitized to
cyclists and seem to be going out of their way to get that across. I agree
it's disconcerting. But at least you know that they see you.
--
duane