Old January 8th 21, 09:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

Default Winter gear

Surprisingly in Illinois the last 3 days have been ok to ride outside. No wind and the snow and ice off roads. I manage 51 miles today with temps at about 34 degrees not too much wind less than 10 mph and the last 10 home were tailing. Maybe can ride out a lot this winter who knows?

I have a GoreWear jacket the is tremendous have it at least 4-5 years. It works with only a good heavy base layer top underneath that takes away moisture. I then put on my trusty Mizuno Running pants with base layer polyester long johns. That works really good I don't sweat and stay warm.

Now I am seeing the Gorewear has some like long pants at around $110. Has anyone tried them or used them? I don't know if they would be much better than what I have but the Gorewwear jacket is outstanding.

Along with this Garmin sent me a new heart rate strap my old one stopped working. The new one is bluetooth and can be used with a phone app too. I found it was a bit hard to pair at first but today was superior to my old one. Garmin does a good job on customer service.

Finally in the tech world of bikes cold has zero effect on mechanic shimano I assume Di2 is same?
Deacon Mark