Old January 2nd 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Derailleurs for FSA compact double and Ultegra STI

Hello,

My bike is currently setup with all Ultegra-triple (circa 2003 STI,
crank, FD, 9s cassette, and RD).

I'm planning on moving the crank, FD, and RD to a different bike. In
their place I'm installing an FSA compact double (50/34), and a new FD
and RD.

What is my best bet for the FD and RD for this setup? Of course
compatibility with 9s Ultegra STI levers is a must, and I'm planning on
using an 11-23 cassette. I've seen suggestions for the DA-7700 FD, but
I also see an FSA FD that claims to be specifically made for compact
doubles with a 16T capacity. My primary concerns are reliability and
shifting compatibility. I'm not concerned about weight.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Sam